One of the Federal government's main duties to protect its borders and citizens from foreign adversaries. I believe that we must secure our border, stop the smuggling of illicit drugs such as Fentanyl, prevent the humanitarian crisis, and reduce illegal immigration. We are a country of laws, and it is important that we uphold those laws. In Congress, I will vote to increase funding for US Border Patrol and reimburse Texas for efforts to safeguard our border. Some of my efforts include:
- Cosponsoring HR 4828, The Border Security for America Act of 2021, which will resume the construction of a border barrier system along the US Mexico border, authorize DHS to deploy tactical infrastructure and technology, and increase staffing levels at CBP.
- traveling to the US Mexico Border along with my Republican colleagues to see the devastation that is occurring in Texas.
- Cosponsoring B-Verify Act of 2022, which will collect biometric information from every illegal alien in order to protect children from human trafficking and deter asylum fraud.
- Cosponsored HR 8143, Lone Star Reimbursement Act, which will reimburse the State of Texas for the costs of Operation Lone Star. Texas has taken its own actions to secure the border when it is the job of the Federal Government.
- Cosponsored HR 8356, Flores Settlement Update and Establishment Act of 2022, which will require each family of seeking asylum to take a DNA test; this will stop the frequent use of using children as a means to secure passage into the US and deter illegal immigration.
- Cosponsored HR 8355, Closing Loopholes and Ending Asylum Abuse Act of 2022, which eliminates the Asylum claim loophole by requiring all claims be made outside the United States and exclude those who entered the country illegally.
For more information concerning work and views related to Border Security, please contact our office.